There are many options for chicken runs and fences. Just make sure the option you choose takes into consideration the safety and freedom of your chickens around the yard.
Why Should You Look for a Well-Defined and Chicken Run?
It is important to give your chickens the freedom to roam around the garden in your backyard if the garden is totally fenced off. There are many benefits of allying a chickens to roam freely in a dedicated fenced-off area.
Some of the benefits of having a protected and fenced chicken run include the following:
- A protected chicken run helps to protect your chickens from poisonous plants that can be toxic to your flock.
- Protects your chickens from common predators including dogs, foxes, raccoons and badgers.
- It also prevents your running chickens from damaging your precious garden.
- Gives you peace of mind when you know where you are chickens are at any time of day whether you are at home or not.
- Covered runs protect the birds from flying predators such as hawks, owls and eagles.